The Flyfish Journal welcomes story, art and photo contributions. The Flyfish Journal will consider, but assumes no responsibility for, unsolicited proposals, manuscripts and photographs. All such materials not accompanied by a self-addressed stamped envelope will not be returned. The Flyfish Journal does not accept photo contributions submitted by e-mail, telephone or internet. The Flyfish Journal is not responsible for unsolicited contributions or lost or damaged photo material. Funny feelings, llc. retains all reprint rights.
The Flyfish Journal showcases the highest quality imagery—flyfishing's greatest contemporary feats, as well as classic, timeless images that define every era of the culture. We welcome images of big name spots and guides, but are equally interested in publishing incredible images of fishing's unheralded and unknown.
We seek images that speak to the soulful eccentricities of flyfishing, shots rich in context, character and feeling. Creative shots the others won't run. We welcome experimentation. The Flyfish Journal is a creative vehicle to showcase your hard work.
Before submitting images please review a recent issue of The Flyfish Journal to become familiar with the style of images we run. Be selective with your submission—we have limited gallery space and need not look at thousands of images from a single photographer. Only send those that you see as a great fit for The Flyfish Journal.
How to submit:
1. The Flyfish Journal only accepts exclusive submissions. If the same or similar images are currently under consideration by any other North American or globally-distributed entity, including but not limited to magazines, newspapers, websites, books and outdoor companies, do not send them to us.
2. All digital submissions MUST have all metadata fully embedded, including photographer name, contact info, caption and location. We will NOT consider any digital submissions lacking metadata. Click here to learn more about adding metadata to your images.
3. Initial submissions are accepted as JPEG images, sized to 1000 pixels on the long side at 72 pixels per inch, via our FTP server. We will accept submissions via a web-based service such as Yousendit or Wetransfer.
4. Please rename your images to include your last name and first initial in the filename.
5. If selected for consideration, a RAW file in a .DNG format will be required. An edited .DNG file is preferred for best final presentation of your work.
We will gladly accept positive film(slides), as well as B/W prints (8x12 and smaller) and cross-processed media. However, we will only accept originals, and we will NOT accept any Inkjet prints. ALL PHYSICAL SUBMISSIONS (Film, Prints, etc.) MUST BE FULLY LABELED AND CAPTIONED TO INCLUDE "MODEL", LOCATION AND PHOTOGRAPHER.
All hardcopy submissions, including original slides, high-res CD's, etc. should be sent via mail or shipping company to the respective addresses below.
SUBMISSIONS LACKING ALL THE ABOVE WILL BE IGNORED.
Send questions to copi – at – theflyfishjournal.com
The Flyfish Journal welcomes queries and/or completed manuscripts that showcase fly fishing's people, places, and culture. Initial contact should be in the form of a query that includes the following:
- A brief description of the story: the angle, subjects, and location.
- Why our readers would be interested in your story.
- Where the story would fit in The Flyfish Journal (e.g. Cutbank, Open Water, Adventure Feature, etc.).
- Why you are qualified to write the story.
- Reference to any photo resources for the story.
- Any samples or references to previously published work.
- All contact information.
Please direct all queries to or mail to the addresses below.
Send all submissions to:
Via USPS/Canada Post:
The Flyfish Journal
PO Box 2806
Bellingham, WA 98227
Via UPS or FEDEX:
The Flyfish Journal
3620 Irongate Rd. Suite 122
Bellingham, WA 98226